Join our librarian Jan (and teddy) as she talks through the different books and sensory equipment we have in our library that could help your child to sleep.
Books on sleep
- L1676 – Treating Sleep Disorders: principle and practice of behaviour sleep medicine by M L Perlis
- L6107 – The New Baby and Toddler Sleep Programme by John Pearce
- L6315 & L6531 – Solving Children’s Sleep Problems: a step by step guide for parents by Lyn Quine
- L6324 – Teach Your Child to Sleep: solving sleep problems from newborn through childhood by Millpond Children’s Sleep Clinic
- L6325 – Sleep Disturbances in Children and Adolescents with Disorders of Development: its significance and management by Gregory Stores
- L6367 – A Clinical Guide to Pediatric Sleep Diagnosis and Management of Sleep Problems by Jodi A Mindell
- L6392 – Sleep Difficulties and the Autism Spectrum Disorder by Kenneth Aitken
- L6605 & L6606 – Sleep Better: a guide to improving sleep for children with special needs by Mark Durrant
- L6694 – The Gentle Sleep Book: a guide for calm babies toddlers and pre-schoolers by Sarah Ockwell- Smith
- L6730 – Sleep? What’s That? The incidence and impact of sleep problems in families of disabled children by Gillian Cowdell
- L6740 – Why We Sleep? The new science of sleep and dreams by Matthew Walker
Relaxing sensory toys
The most widely accessible of all the sensory equipment. Consists of a light box and 100 two metre fibre optic strands. Features LED lights and plastic ‘sparkle’ effect strands with an automatic colour change cycle. Safe to
handle for children of all ages. Ideal for holding the child’s attention and good for those with sensory avoidance.
New in the library, this robust plastic egg is 42cm high and can be used indoors or outdoors. It is operated using a remote control. You can choose individual colours or a colour changing cycle. It comes with a recharging
station, each charge of 6 hours provides 8 hours of light
NB includes a flashing mode not suitable for those with photosensitive epilepsy.
Relaxation Sensory Kit
Contains all you need to create a calming environment. Includes weighted dolphin neck wrap, microwave heatable animal, aromatherapy diffuser with lavender oil, kid’s relaxation CDs, sand timer and other calming
Sensory in a Suitcase
Our most popular item. The suitcase contains a wealth of sensory equipment to relax and stimulate. Can be used for therapy, education and play activities. Contents include: fibre optic lights; UV torch and UV reactive items; Space Projector; aromatherapy diffuser and oils; mood pod projector with coloured lights;
natural sounds CDs and a variety of sound and tactile items. Most, but not all, also have a pin spot lamp and mirror ball.
To borrow any of these books or sensory toys contact Jan on firstname.lastname@example.org or 01267 244203.