This short guide aims to highlight the importance of transition in the lives of children with learning difficulties, provide information about what is involved and help you navigate and access the information, support and resources that are available.
- What is transition and why is it important?
- Why it’s important to manage your child’s transition
- How to develop a transition strategy
- What happens if my child has a Statement of Special Educational Needs?
- What is a Learning Support Plan?
- Parental Responsibility/Mental Capacity Act 2005
- What must public bodies do?
First published 2017. This edition 2017. Review date 2018.