Would you like to work for Cerebra and help us make a real difference to children with brain conditions and their families?
Here are our current vacancies:
Legal Entitlements and Problem-Solving Project Co-ordinator
We are looking for someone to join our small team on a 12-month maternity contract but with the possibility of making this a permanent position on completion of this contract.
As the Legal Entitlements and Problem-Solving (LEaP) Co-ordinator you will be working alongside colleagues within Cerebra who are part of a research project based at the University of Leeds Law School. LEaP focuses on the legal rights of disabled children and carers in relation to statutory health, social care, and education services.
A job description and person specification can be downloaded by clicking on the buttons below. If you wish to informally discuss the post with our Deputy Head of Research, please email Beverley Hitchcock ([email protected]).
We offer a salary of £25,606, 28 days leave per annum, flexible working and a pension scheme. This job is based in our Carmarthen Office but we also invite applicants who wish to be home-based with some time spent in Carmarthen.
Applications should be made in the form of a current CV and covering letter that explains how you meet the person specification and why you are interested in the position. Completed applications should be sent to Beverley Hitchcock at the email address above.
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday 28th June 2019
Interviews: Wednesday 10th July 2019
Cerebra is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons. Suitable employment/character references will be sought.
Reports to: Head of Income Generation
Responsible for: Supporting the administration requirements of the Head of Income Generation and wider team.
Purpose of the post
To provide effective and efficient administrative support for our Income Generation team with a wide range of responsibilities across departments based in Carmarthen and for home based staff across the UK.
Key Elements of the role:
- Human Resources: Assist with recruitment processes, new starter letters, reference requests and production of contracts of employment. Produce staff induction packs and checklists, scan and retain copies for personnel files. Maintain absence records, sickness and return to work notes, annual leave records and team calendar of same.
- Fundraising: Assist individual departmental Managers with thank you letters, mailings by post and email, proof reading of appeal letters and emails. Be the first point of contact for supporters (existing and new) providing promotional materials, literature and fundraising packs.
- Trusts: Keep diary for report and re-applications. Liaise with and obtain information from colleagues in our Research and Information team to inform appeals and funding applications. Assist in maintaining database records and with the production of reports.
- Marketing and Communications: Assist with mailings, press release distribution, updating of Powerpoint presentations and amendment for different audiences. Assist with event administration. Liaise with suppliers of printed materials.
- Control team diaries and book meetings.
- Minute/note taking at team meetings as required.
- Booking of hotels, travel etc.
- Production of purchase orders.
- Updating of charity CRM (database).
- Filing and any other duties expected of a role such as this.
Download the full job description and statement of role and responsibility below:Download PDF
We are regularly looking for telephone fundraisers to work on exciting campaigns, raising money for an excellent cause.
It’s a friendly, exciting and lively atmosphere where you will learn and develop highly transferable skills. You will undertake a full induction programme, along with ongoing skills training and day-to-day support. We offer competitive rates of pay and great flexibility, allowing you to work the days and hours that suit your lifestyle and commitments.
If you’re enthusiastic, intelligent, a good communicator, and want to work in a rewarding and challenging new environment than please get in touch!
To find out more just give us a call on 01267 244221 or email [email protected]
Cerebra operate an equal opportunities policy
Registered Charity No. 1089812
Company limited by guarantee, registered in England and Wales: 4336208